Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Brian Gorrell's quest comes to an end...

The saga ends.

Brian Gorrell has been attracting a lot of attention lately. He wrote a blog denouncing an ex lover over debts he owed him. This blog has, as he rightly put it, became bigger than anything it was meant to be.

It was all simple really. Brian just wanted what was owed to him. That he had to revert to such extreme measures as to airing and venting everything against his ex was so unfortunate. I just hoped that it was resolved in a much more civil manner. I can only guess that he was so emotional and distraught about having literally lost his life savings in one instant. And who wouldn't be?

I have only been here in Melbourne for the past three weeks. I will be moving to Adelaide for a job by May. I must say that this is a rather expensive city to be in. And also, people here work hard to earn their keep. I can just imagine all the effort that Brian made to build up his career and save enough for his future.

The latest post from his website www.delfindjmontano.blogspot.com, says that he has decided close the blog. I like the fact that he seems to be moving on from it all. I just hope he gets paid by his ex. I truly feel sorry for him. I just hope he would be able to recover from it all soon enough.

I just hope that his ex would take it upon himself to reach out to him and to settle all his obligations. Stuff like this gives us Filipinos a really bad reputation. And more often than not, its Filipinos abroad who are suffering from all that.

To the foreigners who might be reading the blog, do keep in mind that not all Filipinos are like that. There are some bad eggs and good eggs anywhere you are in the world. Please keep that in mind. I would not want a repeat of my horrible dinner experience last Saturday when one Aussie guy made a rather rude and insensitive remark about Filipinos.

It's all about RESPECT, you guys.

Otis Redding and Aretha Franklin got it right decades ago.

It's about time for us to get on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey lavalounger.blogspot.com admin found your blog via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your site http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my blog. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com